NewGrass Support for Texas Expo Is a Reminder: Spring and New Landscaping Choices Are Just Around the CornerWednesday, February 29th, 2012
With spring just around the corner, NewGrass® is proud to announce it is a partner in the Texas Recreation and Park Society’s 2012 Annual Institute & Expo, Feb. 29-March 2 in The Woodlands, Texas.
“We’re donating a section of NewGrass synthetic lawn for a display in the Expo’s Exhibit Hall Park,” said NewGrass President Greg Goehner. “And at the close of the Expo, the NewGrass artificial turf will be donated to a local agency for them to reuse and recycle.”
The Expo features educational sessions with leaders from around the country on a variety of topics relating to park, recreation and leisure services. The Expo also provides a keen opportunity for vendors such as NewGrass to interact with organization members of all levels, said Rebecca Lynn Krug, project specialist with the Parks & Recreation Department of The Woodlands Township.
The Texas Recreation and Park Society is a non-profit professional and educational organization founded over 70 years ago to advance the profession of parks, recreation, and leisure services in Texas.
The partnership between the society and NewGrass is a natural one. NewGrass® is proud to be an ally in the EPA’s GreensScape Program and the only artificial lawn that is Certified 100% Eco-Friendly, from the way it is manufactured to the company’s pledge to properly recycle any NewGrass® lawn at the end of its usable life, at no cost to the customer.
NewGrass® has in fact been featured on Bob Vila, The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television, Fine Living TV’s American Shopper, Makeover and a Movie and a special Think Green episode of Designing Spaces on WE tv and TLC – The Learning Channel.
The Texas Expo is a reminder, too, that with spring just around the corner, homeowners, business property owners and municipalities need to start thinking about how to reduce their water use while still having lawns to enjoy as summer approaches.
NewGrass® synthetic lawn can be a natural choice in meeting this challenge for a number of reasons:
- NewGrass® requires virtually no watering and no fertilizers or pesticides, so it’s a perfect match for low-water-use, environmentally conscious landscaping.
- NewGrass® offers even the most rigorous xeriscape or desert-landscape design an area where pets can play and roam – and where the kids can play, too!
- NewGrass® fits into hard-to-access areas and in garden landscapes that have irregular borders or planting configurations.
- NewGrass® naturally complements any form of shrub, plant, garden rocks or gravel.
- Compared with natural turf grass, NewGrass® significantly reduces the number and kinds of pests and insects, aiding any low-water landscape design.
- NewGrass® is certified 100% eco-friendly, made in part from recycled products and is itself totally recyclable.
In addition to trimming your water bill by installing NewGrass®, you may be eligible for a cash rebate for replacing your sod grass with faux grass or installing synthetic lawn from when you first landscape a home or business property. The list of cities and water districts that offer rebates is constantly changing. The best thing to do is call your local water utility company and ask about their rebate program.
To get an idea of what’s out there, you can visit the Association of Artificial & Synthetic Grass Installers Web site to get more information about many cities and districts that currently offer rebates.
If you’re in Southern California, check out the website for the Southern California WaterSmart program. The program’s 2011-12 schedule runs until April 30.