With spring just around the corner, NewGrass® is proud to announce it is a partner in the Texas Recreation and Park Society’s 2012 Annual Institute & Expo, Feb. 29-March 2 in The Woodlands, Texas. “We’re donating a section of NewGrass synthetic lawn. It will display in the Expo’s Exhibit Hall Park,” said our NewGrass President.
The Expo features educational sessions with leaders from around the country, Topics relate to a variety of park, recreation and leisure services. The Expo also provides a keen opportunity for vendors such as NewGrass to interact with organization members of all levels, said Rebecca Lynn Krug, project specialist with the Parks & Recreation Department of The Woodlands Township.
Why a NewGrass Synthetic Lawn Makes Sense
The Texas Recreation and Park Society is a non-profit educational organization. Furthermore, it was founded over 70 years ago. the purpose is to advance parks, recreation, and leisure services in Texas.
The partnership between the society and NewGrass is a natural one. NewGrass® is proud to be an ally in the EPA’s GreensScape Program. We are the only artificial lawn that is Certified 100% Eco-Friendly. This includes the way it is manufactured, Furthermore, it includes to our promise. We will recycle any NewGrass® lawn at the end of its usable life.
NewGrass® has in fact been featured on the following:
- Bob Vila
- The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television
- Fine Living TV’s American Shopper
- Makeover and a Movie
- A special Think Green episode of Designing Spaces on WE TV
- TLC – The Learning Channel
- And we are a certified Home Depot installer!
The Texas Expo is a reminder, too. With spring just around the corner, homeowners, business property owners and municipalities need to start thinking. The question is simple, how to reduce their water use while still having lawns to enjoy as summer approaches. Seems like artificial grass could be the answer. It lasts a really long time!
Benefits of NewGrass
A NewGrass® synthetic lawn can be a natural choice in meeting this challenge for a number of reasons:
- First, NewGrass® requires virtually no watering, fertilizers or pesticides.
- Next, NewGrass® offers a design where pets and kids can play.
- Also, NewGrass® fits into hard-to-access areas and in garden landscapes that have irregular borders or planting configurations.
- In addition, NewGrass® naturally complements any form of shrub, plant, garden rocks or gravel.
- Compared with natural turf grass, NewGrass synthetic lawn significantly reduces the number and kinds of pests.
- A NewGrass synthetic lawn is certified 100% eco-friendly, made in part from recycled products and is itself totally recyclable.
Rebates My Be Possible
In addition to trimming your water bill by installing a NewGrass synthetic lawn, you may be eligible for a cash rebate. However, the list of cities and water districts that offer rebates is constantly changing. Therefore, the best thing to do is call your local water utility company and ask about their rebate program. Also, to get an idea of what’s out there, visit the Association of Artificial & Synthetic Grass Installers Web site.
Finally, if you’re in Southern California, check out the website for the Southern California WaterSmart program. The program’s 2011-12 schedule runs until April 30. However, don;t hesitate to call us. NewGrass has been in business for almost a decade and we have high standards. Call us for help with your artificial grass needs.